Based in our North London Office, our Accounts team is looking for an enthusiastic and positive Accounts Assistant.
If you are somebody who is proactive and has a strong desire to succeed, then this will be the perfect opportunity to join a company that has for over 25 years successfully created a range of refurbished and new build mixed use schemes for the residential and commercial sectors.
This role would suit someone who has a fundamental understanding of Debits & Credits, Journals & Adjustments and the preparation of accounts to Trial Balance. You will be dealing with various companies within our group, including development, investment companies and trusts.
Key responsibilities within the role:
- Update Sage accounting system
- Authorise supplier invoices – ensuring that all invoices are correct
- Sales ledger
- Purchase ledger
- Update and reconciliation of Bank and loan accounts, Credit cards and petty cash
- Update and reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Update and reconciliation of repayment, creditors and debtors accounts
- Journal entries
- Preparation of VAT and CIS returns
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Skills and experience required:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role
- Sage 50 Accounts experience.
- Computer literate with experience of MS Office (particularly Excel)
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and capable of taking ownership of tasks
- Able to work on own initiative as well as a team player
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Property experience highly desirable, but not essential.
If you’d like to be considered for this role then please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com