Job Type: Build Manager
Working Hours: 8.30am – 5pm Mon-Fri
Location: Cardiff office but mainly site based
Holiday: 20 days per year + Bank Holidays
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting directly to the Construction Project Manager, the role will involve the following:
• Review the quality of works on site taking into consideration workmanship, building in accordance with the design/ specification, overseeing the commissioning etc.
• Must have a good knowledge of the specific building type in hand and the design standards that apply to this.
• The role is a validation one, providing assurance on the agreed and approved proposals, with no capability to instruct change to the project brief.
• Ongoing monitoring of the quality of works being carried out on site and managing the on-site principle contractors to complete to expected standard and to programme.
• Close out works on site with thorough snagging and de-snagging taking place on each plot, working with the contractors and suppliers.
• Involvement with the after sales and customer care in liaison with the Office Manager.
• Ensure that the contractors maintain a safe and tidy working environment
Responsibilities / Duties:
The Build Manager authorities and responsibilities are documented in the APG’s Integrated Management System. They include, but are not limited to, the following:
1.0 Build Manager;
1.1 Monitor and report on QA for all developments to the Construction PM throughout the construction phase
1.2 Monitor and report defects/sub-standard quality to Main Contractors (MC) during the construction phase
1.3 Complete QA check sheets for all developments including pre-plaster/pre-paint and pre-handover documents
1.4 File site progress photographs and defects
1.5 Complete final snagging sheets for each property and issue to MC
1.6 Liaise with MC for de-snagging of all properties
1.7 Record all meter readings on date of practical completion
1.8 Liaise with Construction Manager and MC to complete 12 months defects
2.0 Aftersales/Customer Care;
2.1 Liaise with the Office Manager and attend to purchaser defects
2.2 Liaise with MC to clear purchaser snagging and rectify defects
2.3 Report to Office Manager on status of defects to enable accurate records to be maintained
2.4 Assist Sales and Construction team with various site requirements
Authority / Lines of communication
• Liaise and coordinate with Planning and Design Team, Construction Team, Marketing Team, Sales Team and After Sales Team throughout procurement and construction phases
To network with industry personnel to build key relationships. To attend seminars and workshops to broaden knowledge base.
To continue to develop effective working relationships with :
o Colleagues within Cardiff office,
o London HQ HR, Accounts, Administration
o Other regions as may be necessary from time to time
o Project Consultants
o Main contractors
o General service providers
For a more detailed job description or to apply for the vacancy please email firstname.lastname@example.org