Job Type: Management Accountant
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm
Holiday: 20 days per year + Bank Holidays
Purpose of the Position
Reporting directly to the Regional Managing Director in regards to all financial and accounting activities.
Responsible for co-ordinating all regional development cash flows and accounts payable functions.
Responsibilities / Duties
These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee all regional accounts and investments
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including accounts payable and invoicin
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the RMD with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the RMD in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders and board members
- Coordinate the gathering of information and preparation of development appraisals. Report to senior management
- For projects under construction, monitor, update and report any changes
- Review appraisals on a monthly basis to ensure their accuracy, and highlight any issues with future cash flows
- Helping to execute bank financing, structuring debt terms
- Funding Analysis/ financial modelling for various funding structures
Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field; several years of experience in a business or finance environment; management experience; leadership skills; interpersonal skills; outstanding mathematical skills; honesty; integrity; reliability; solid written and verbal communication skills; high attention to detail; organisational skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; computer skills; understanding of data privacy standards.
Authorities / Lines of Communication
Liaise and coordinate with the regional Land, Development, Construction, Sales and Marketing teams throughout the lifespan of projects.
To attend seminars and training workshops to broaden knowledge base.
To continue to develop effective working relationships internally and externally with:
Colleagues within the Bristol office
London HQ: Financial Control department, Accounts, Administration and HR
Other regions as may be necessary from time to time
General service providers
To apply for this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org