Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Dependent on experience
Working Hours: 8.30am-5pm
Due to the continued growth of the London region, we are currently looking for a Project Manager to join our experienced team of professionals.
The project manager will be responsible for taking a project through the entire development process including planning, design and construction.
• Lead projects from inception to handover
• Identifying, briefing, approving, engaging and appointing suitable consultants in conjunction with the in-house Commercial, Design, Planning and Construction Teams.
• Procurement of construction works including main contracts, enabling works, major packages and specialist trades working closely with the in-house Commercial, Design, Planning and Construction Team, to include supporting the generation and approval of tenders, bonds, warranties, letters of intent and orders. .
• Monitoring of project progress, identifying corrective actions with the project team and control of project budget and all elements of cost control to ensure project completion on/under budget and on time while maintaining uncompromising adherence to best practice and meeting the specified quality of the agreed design.
• Adopting a rigorous approach to the control of cost, quality, change management and programme by implementing project tools and procedures, standards and documentation.
• Preparation of project progress reports, incorporating collated contractor and consultant project information/reports and issuing to the team.
• Budgeting, monitoring and updating project financial forecasts and cash flows.
• Direct and manage construction project teams, chair meetings with design teams, cost consultants, contractors and other specialists.
• Liaise with internal sales and marketing teams to prepare PR and marketing documents
Skills and Qualifications:-
• Ideally MRICS, MCIOB or other suitable professional bodies considered (but not essential)
• Minimum 5 years project management experience and proven delivery experience at planning and construction stages
• A holistic appreciation of project delivery in either commercial or residential markets
• A strong understanding of both cost and programme management and technical understanding of the full development process from design to handover
• Strong communication skills with a pro-active approach and excellent problem solving skills
• A hands on approach and a willingness to work with and alongside the team
• Ability to lead and build strong relationships with internal and external teams
• Ability to work autonomously and work under own initiative
• To recognise contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities both on your own and with the team to minimise risk and where necessary, assist with the resolution of these risks.
If you’d like to be considered for this role then please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org