Job Type: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Dependent on experience
Working Hours: 8.30am – 5pm Mon-Fri
Holiday: 20 days per year + Bank Holidays
Due to the continued growth of Acorn’s Bristol region, we are currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
The Senior Quantity Surveyors responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepare budgets based on the architectural / engineering designs, specifications, estimates, materials required and labour involved.
• Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
• Evaluate tenders from subcontractors and suppliers and negotiate final contracts
• Control, monitor and track project budgets against progress including forecasting final costs
• Undertake monthly valuations of work in progress, assess all variations, agree interim payments and final accounts
• Work with finance department to ensure all invoices are registered and paid as per Purchase / Order agreed payment terms
• Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
• Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence
• Liaise and negotiate with a wide range of individuals and organisations including professional consultants, local authorities, social housing clients, contractors, suppliers and work colleagues involved in the development process.
• Ensure CDM, Quality, Sustainability, OH&S and Environmental requirements are being fulfilled
• Assist Commercial Manager and or the Managing Director with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications Required:
• 4 year full-time or five year part-time B.Sc (QS) university degree (RICS qualified preferable)
• Minimum 10 years quantity surveying experience with particular experience in residential sector
• Commercially astute, responsible, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast costs
• Multi tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
• Have good communication and organizational skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
• IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
For a more detailed job description or to apply for the vacancy please email firstname.lastname@example.org