To manage the delivery of projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
Conversion of a Grade 2 listed building into 44 apartments and will act as the heart of the existing housing scheme and will provide a visual landmark. The Lodge Buildings will be retained and converted and the gardens will be retained and enhanced to provide communal open space for the converted dwellings
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Establish standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and project requirements.
- Involvement in subcontract pre-let packages along with Quantity Surveyor
- Review and understand construction drawings to ensure build compliance to the approved design
- Liaise with AHCS Design co-ordinator & consultants when required to overcome site problems and attend design team meetings when required
- Monitor outstanding information required to complete the works and ensuring this is provided in sufficient time to avoid delays being caused to the site works
- Produce and develop project programmes and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time and supply information to resolve any on site issues.
- Monitor actual site progress to the latest programme and report to the Construction Manager
- Manage material supply call-offs with the site Q/S
- Organise the works and the supply chain to the agreed sequence, providing the right working environment to avoid disruption between trades.
- Undertake the works in the most economic manner to eliminate waste and avoid non-recoverable costs and preliminaries losses; monitor and work to agreed preliminaries budget.
- Maintain continuous professional development to ensure appropriate technical awareness.
- Comply with A.H. Construction Solutions processes and procedures.
- Manage plot handover and ensure defect / snag free completion. Support the customer care and sales team for the closure of defects during defects period.
- Lead and motivate the works team, provide clear direction and respond to queries to ensure delivery of a quality product.
- Conduct site progress meetings with the supply chain
- Provide site progress updates to allow monthly project reporting.
10+ years’ experience working for a Main Contractor or Residential Developer in a similar capacity
Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc) or time served equivalent.
· SMSTS certified
· Appropriate CSCS
- First Aid at Work Certified
- Full UK Driving Licence
Proven track record of successful delivery of projects.
Experience in delivering Residential Housing schemes
The ability to read and accurately interpret programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
Experience of working with multiple sub- contractors
Good level of commercial awareness
- Construction related HND/degree
- Microsoft Project
- Power Project
- Experience in delivering Residential Housing schemes of 100+ dwellings
- Listed building conversion is preferred
Qualities and Attitude:
- Able to manage the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Proactive in liaising with customers and the sales team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, management, and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, driven and a team player.
Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
Accountable – I exceed expectations and can demonstrate a link between my role and the wider organisation.
Dedication – I strive to achieve a standard of excellence in the role demonstrating a commitment to our values at all times.
Knowledge – I am regarded as an expert in my field and am a source of knowledge for others to lean on.
Expertise – I have a high level of skill and expertise to perform my role and support others where appropriate.
Responsive – I work swiftly and thoroughly to ensure tasks are completed with excellence.
Effective Communication – Identify the underlying issues and motives of any communication.
Leading and Managing Change – I manage and support change across the organisation and grow the capability of my team always striving to deliver the expected results.
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- Professional body membership payments
- Annual performance reviews
- Cycle-to-work scheme
If you’d like to be considered for this role then please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org