Summer holidays are here. Long, sunny days and a trip to the beach, strolling in the sand, having a paddle or a swim in the sea and then losing yourself in a good book. But what to read? Acorn’s staff have picked 5 of their own favourite beach books just in case you are looking for some inspiration.
- Watching the English by Kate Fox is a really interesting and funny book about the habits and ways of the English and it is great to read in public as you can see it all in action. Rowena Arthur, Acorn Cornwall
- The first time I read The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini I got completely lost in it whilst listening to the sound of the waves on a beach – great memories. It’s a father-son story set in Kabul and looks at guilt and redemption, such a beautiful book, it deserves to be read in a beautiful place. Samantha Bertie, Acorn London
- On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan is about a newly married couple who go to the beach for their honeymoon. It’s not a happy book but the setting really comes to life when you are reading it while sat by the sea. Georgina Watson, Acorn London
- The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner is a great holiday read and a perfect addition to a beach bag. It’s a heartfelt story about love, grief and healing show the strength of a woman’s heart. Claire Davies, Acorn Cardiff
- My first choice for a beach book would be the Poldark series by Graham Winston. It’s an amazing historical series set in Cornwall, where I was born, in the 18th and early 19th century. Anne Williams, Acorn Cornwall
Enjoy life by the sea with Acorn’s collection of stunning coastal apartments and houses in the South West and Wales. Check out our full Coastal Collection here