Working closely with the Technical Manager you will be given a platform to understand the role within the house building sector. Your role will involve coordinating, managing, and reviewing the development of key design information, technical layouts and working drawing packages to enable the building progression of all projects. From brand new country houses to the refurbishment of listed buildings, each project will be different to the last and come with its own set of challenges to overcome.
- Coordinate technical information and liaise with the design team.
- Work with site teams to resolve day to day issues that arise from live projects to ensure they run smoothly.
- Assess development layouts and house type working drawings to ensure they meet company expectations.
- Identify and address issues that derive from design.
- Issue drawings and manage document control.
- Produce development specific energy performance and MEP specifications alongside external consultants.
- Provide support to other internal departments, including Land, Construction, Commercial & Sales.
- Familiarise yourself with current building regulations and any new/upcoming changes that effect design.
- Provide value engineering solutions that give cost savings to any given project.
- Manage utility (Gas, Electric, Water & Fibre) applications and coordinate plans in line with development layouts.
- Liaise with building control/warranty providers to discharge any relevant conditions.
- Deputise for the Technical Manager in project and pre-start meetings when needed.
- Assist Sales with customer queries and producing Sales information.
- Assist with invoicing and cost management.
- A good level of communication and listening skills to work with both internal and external stake holders.
- Ability to work independently and use initiative.
- Hard working and flexible, and willing to work outside of working hours.
- Organised and able to manage multiple deadlines.
- Good attention to detail and ability to analyse technical information.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2:1 or Higher in construction related Bachelor’s Degree – Essential
- Experience working in a house building environment – Desirable
- Good level of IT literacy, including Outlook, Office & AutoCAD – Desirable
- Driving Licence – Essential
- CSCS Card – Desirable
- 20 days annual leave plus additional leave for charity/fundraising work
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Private medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Cycle to work scheme
If you’d like to be considered for this role then please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org