The sun is out, the days are long and warm so it’s time to head to the UK’s stunning coastline, enjoy the sea air, beaches, water and some delicious food and drink. Acorn’s team have chosen their favourite cafes, bars and restaurants along the coast, places they like to refuel with a cold drink and tasty food while enjoying the stunning beach and sea views.
- The Fish House at Fistral Beach in Newquay has views over the beach, outdoor seating, fantastic seafood menu using locally sourced ingredients and flavours influenced from around the world. The restaurant is small, feels intimate and special. It’s my first choice, every time in Newquay.
Rowena Arthur, Acorn Cornwall
- I’ve only ever been once, but I would love to go again to Rick Stein, Sandbanks, Dorset. The seafood is delicious, the setting is beautiful with great views of the water and restaurant has a lovely ambience
Samantha Bertie, Acorn London
- The Watering Hole in Perranporth, Cornwall which The Dunes overlooks, has great food, a brilliant choice of drinks and is right on the beach. They show sporting events, have great live music and festivals to boot – Tunes in the Dunes and Bands in the Sands. It’s a great atmosphere especially during the summer when people are happy to be on holiday and this transfers into a happy, atmospheric ambience at the beach bar. The loaded nachos they do are epic, the cakes are amazing, and the menu as a whole is absolutely spot on. It’s 10 minutes from my house so it’s my local beach and local bar…couldn’t find a better place to spend my days during the summer.
Tom McNeill, Acorn Cornwall
- My favourite is the Porthgwidden Café in St Ives, Cornwall – it has a great menu and beautiful views of the beach and across the bay. The crab linguine is a particular favourite.
Lizzie Olds, Acorn Hampshire
- The Harbour Bar and Kitchen in the Jennings Buildings in Porthcawl, South Wales, is within a recently converted listed building, the décor is a mix of industrial, contemporary and coastal. They do great fish and chips in a basket and a delicious veggie burger and the views along the coast are stunning.
Jessica Ware, Acorn Cardiff
- It’s very basic in appearance but the Cloud Café, Newquay, near the harbour has the friendliest service and really good simple food. The best is the chicken, avocado and tomato sandwich on granary bread. They always serve sandwiches with a segment of pineapple and a strawberry on the side, which satisfies your sweet craving afterwards.
Andrew Strathdee, Acorn Cornwall
- My choice would have to be Rashleigh Inn in Polkerris near Fowey, Cornwall. It is a pub/restaurant situated right on the beach, with a patio facing the sea. The menu is mainly fish and seafood sourced locally and it’s always been my favourite since I was a teenager – so for a very long time.
Anne Williams, Acorn Cornwall
- The Pierhouse in Charlestown, Cornwall has beautiful views Charlestown Harbour which is home to some of the Ships used in the BBC TV series Poldark and out to St Austell Bay.It’s also on the south west coastal path, so makes a great place to stop off and refuel when walking.
Danica Clements, Acorn Bristol
- My favourite coastal café is Fern Pit Café in Newquay and their crab sandwich is one of the best. Fern Pit Café is located high on the bank of the River Gannel between East Pentire Headland and Crantock Beach, on the edge of Newquay. The view down the River Gannel and over Crantock Beach is one of my favourites in Cornwall, and so to be able to eat a fresh crab sandwich (with a bowl of fries!) and lose myself in the view is heavenly.
Nicola Markham, Acorn Cornwall
- The Hub in St Ives is family run café and restaurant which serves delicious burgers, dogs and beers. My favourite is a beef patty with Swiss cheese, Warren’s smoked bacon, Hub sauce, red onion and lettuce. It is situated in the heart of the town on the harbour with spectacular views and a relaxed atmosphere.
Claire Davies, Acorn Cardiff
Enjoy life by the sea with Acorn’s collection of stunning coastal apartments and houses in the South West and Wales. Acorn has offices in London, Bristol, Cardiff, Hampshire and Cornwall https://www.acornpropertygroup.org/collection/coastal/